What is vape juice?
Vape juice, commonly referred to as e-liquid or e-juice plays a large part in the success of the vaping industry. Vape juice is a flavored liquid that is heated up in vape atomizer by a vape battery; like a VW box mod, mechanical mod, or even a vape pen. The vape battery is in charge of heating up the vape juice will produce a flavored vapor that is then inhaled by the user. Most vape juices consist of nicotine but there some no nicotine vape juices on the market for recreational vapers. A vape juice primarily is made up of propylene glycol or PG, vegetable glycerin or VG, the e-juice brand's proprietary flavor composition from various flavor extract companies, nicotine (if applicable), and a sweetening agent or sweetener (if applicable).
Breaking down the composition of vape juice
Here is a more in-depth look of the ingredients of a typical vape juice bottle.
- Propylene glycol - Commonly referred to as PG, PG is regarded as a generally safe to use petroleum by product. The higher the PG means, thinnier the viscosity, stronger throat hit, stronger flavor, but less vapor production.
- Vegetable glycerin - Commonly referred to as VG, VG is derived from vegetable oil, which comes from palm and/or vegetable oil. It is a natural chemical that is safe to use. VG has a sweeter taster and is relatively thicker than PG making it a smoother hit.
- Flavor extracts - Companies like Capella are e-juice flavor extract companies that specialize in flavoring extracts. There a wide variety of different flavors that e-liquid companies use. An e-juice can contain multiple flavoring extracts from different companies. These unique flavors are what makes an e-juice recipe proprietary.
- Nicotine or salt nicotine - Liquid nicotine can have a PG or a VG base. Nicotine salt is a type of nicotine that forms naturally in leaf tobacco and is generally considered to be a more stable form of nicotine.
- Water, sweeteners, and other fillers - Some eliquid companies use sweeteners and other fillers in their blends.
The complex flavors of vape juice
There are a lot of different vape juices on the market today and discovering good vape juice flavors becomes almost impossible in such a saturated market. We at Vapebox make it our number one priority to connect people with the juices that fit them best. If you are unsure of which vape juice to purchase, you can opt for one of our vape subscriptions. You fill out a short questionnaire on your vaping habits, favorite e-juice flavors, and we do the rest! Every month you can expect a monthly delivery of personalized vape juices right to your doorstep. Otherwise we have an a la carte section on our website where you can purchase vape juices individually because not everyone like the surprise factor of a discovery vape subscription.
Vape juices can be of a simple single flavor or a complex blend of multiple vape juice flavors. Every vape juice has its own signature taste. Nowadays, it's very common for vape juices to use multiple flavors in their vape juice formulations. There are a lot of different types of flavored vape juice available for purchase on Vapebox. We have flavors like cereal, candy, bakery, and more! We have a catalog of all our e-juice flavors that you can filter through. We use these flavors in our palate preferences
Choose the right PG/VG ratio
This question depends heavily on your preference. If you want a stronger flavor in your e-liquid, stronger throat hit, then we recommend going for a higher PG blend. However, if you want more vaper production and a lighter throat hit, we recommend going for a higher VG e-liquid blend.
Another thing to consider is the viscosity of your e-liquid. If you're constantly getting dry hits, that is might be an indication that your e-liquid is too thick and it's not wicking through your coils fast enough. If that's an issue for you, try a higher PG blend. On the other hand, if e-juice is constantly leaking from your atomizer, your e-juice might be too thin, and we recommend a thicker e-juice blend.
To sum this up, the perfect PG/VG ratio really depends on your vape setup, and personal vaping preferences. We find that a 70% VG and 30% PG vape juice blend is perfect for us. That is why it has sort of became the industry standard among the vast majority of e-juice brands.