Battery Safety For Vaping
Posted by Johnson Tran on December 9, 2016
Vape Battery Safety 101
As vaping becomes more widespread, it is very important for everyone to know how to use their device safely. It does not matter if you a beginner or an advanced vaper, everyone needs to know about battery safety.
Why does it matter?
With the vape industry and technology expanding, the number of incidents reported regardless of misuse mods and poor merchandise, to exploding mods has risen. So, why does it matter? Well, depending on the product you are using, chances are they contain batteries that could potentially cause danger. Therefore, it needs to be handled with care in order to reduce the risks.
Basics of Battery Safety
- All Li-ion batteries may vent if they are misused.
- Over discharging and over charging these types of batteries can result in thermal runaway.
- NEVER leave your batteries unattended while they charge.
- ALWAYS remember to remove your batteries from the charger when they are done charging.
- NEVER store batteries loosely in a pocket or purse. Batteries must be safety stored in a vape battery cover on person.
- NEVER discharge a battery past its specified cut-off voltage, which is typically 3.0 volts.
- NEVER surpass the batteries' specified discharge rates that is given by the manufacturer.
- Dispose of dead batteries safely. Batteries will eventually reach the end of their battery life and they should be dispose in dedicated recycling bins.
Get vape juices curated just for you.Join the club »