JUUL labs created arguably one of the hottest electronic cigarette devices on the market today. In terms of numbers, they has at least 70% of e-cig and vape market in 2019.
What is a JUUL?
JUUL is like many other e-cigarettes, but with a couple caveats that set it apart.
- JUUL starter kits are sleek and hardly noticeable vapes that have become very popular over the past few years.
- Their USB-drive design can be enclosed in the palm of a hand, and it doesn't produce a massive plume of vapor like some other e-cigarettes.
- The nicotine or salt nicotine content in its pre-filled cartridges or "pods" sets a new precedent for the e-cigarette market.
What are JUUL pods?
These are small pods that contain pre-filled e-liquid and nicotine - usually nicotine salt due to the need for higher concentration at lower volumes. These pods are specifically made to fit with the JUUL device. These pods are the official replacement cartridges or pods for the JUUL device. Similar to traditional vape juices, these pods contain propylene glycol (PG), vegetable glycerin (VG), flavoring, and nicotine salt.
Currently, JUUL only has 8 basic flavors - Virginia Tobacco, Mint, Mango pods, Cucumber, Menthol, Fruit, Creme, and Classic Tobacco. Now, don't get me wrong, these are great flavors but one might get tired of these 8 flavors.
If you're like me, who doesn't like tobacco flavors, you will get tired of JUUL's 8 flavors quick. After a few weeks, I found myself looking for alternative pods with different flavors.
What are JUUL compatible pods?
Like the name suggests, these pods are made by different companies but are compatible with the popular JUUL device. These brands make all types of flavors and nicotine levels.
Ultimately this is good for consumers because of the flavor varieties and cheaper price points that other brands offer. These compatible pods have the same dimensions and will work with any JUUL device.
Top 3 JUUL compatible pods
Here are some compatible pods that I'm going to cover, review, and compare so that you don't have to. We're going to go over brands like Eonsmoke pods to ZIIP pods to smaller brands such as VQ pods and everything in between.
The only criteria is that the pod must be compatible with JUUL. If you are looking for alternative devices, those exist as well. Also, if you want nicotine salt e-liquid or salt nicotine vape hardware delivered to you every month, we have a salt nicotine subscription that you can subscribe to.
I made a list of the top 5 JUUL compatible pods. I take into account the throat hit, flavor, leakage, design, and affordability. Remember these pods are not made by JUUL. The pods that we will be talking about below are best JUUL alternative pods on the market today.
Now onto the comparison and reviews!
1. Ziip Pods - The best JUUL compatible pods on the market!
Ziip pods are manufactured and designed by Ziip Labs. Ziip pods AKA ZPods are 100% JUUL compatible. Ziip pods cost around $12 and currently has over 21+ flavors.
In addition to JUUL compatible pods, Ziip Labs also has a disposable "ZPen" with their flavors. A typical Ziip Pod offers nicotine concentrations of 1.8% (18mg), 3.0% (30mg) and 5% (50mg). Ziip pods contain more e-liquid than the original pod - Ziip contains 1.0ml vs JUUL's 0.7ml. Some of Ziip pods flavors are pina colada, apple, blue raspberry, mint pods, strawberry milk, watermelon ice, iced watermelon, and more.
What we like
- Higher volume (1.0ml vs 0.70ml) so more bang for your buck.
- Has over 21+ flavor choices for you to choose from.
- Has 3 different nicotine concentration - 1.8%, 3%, and 5%. I personally vape the 1.8% because I find the 3% and especially the 5% way too harsh for me.
- A lot of retailers carry this brand, so it's easily accessible for me.
What we don't like
- The design of the pod has this reverse U shape, so when you put it on an actual JUUL device, it looks kind of funky. So if you care about the design then this might be an issue for you.
Conclusion: Ziip pods are the best pods compatible with JUUL. It priced very competitively, has many vape flavors, consistent and reliable. We give these pods a 9/10.
Do ZiiP pods work for Juul?
Yes! Ziip pods are 100% compatible with JUUL devices.
Another JUUL compatible pod is the Eonsmoke Pod. Eonsmoke Pods AKA EON pods are manufactured and designed by Eonsmoke, LLC. Eonsmoke was founded in 2011 and is headquartered in New Jersey, USA. Eonsmoke pods (EON pods) are JUUL compatible and they cost around $15 for a 4-pack. Eonsmoke pods (EON pods) offers nicotine concentrations of 4% to 7%. Similar to the Ziip Pods, Eonsmoke pods also holds 1.0ml of e-liquid. At the time of this article, Eonsmoke has around 17 flavors.
One cool thing about Eonsmoke is that they also offer Eonsmoke pods that contain no nicotine. Instead of nicotine, they uses Areca and betel nut to emulate the throat hit that salt nic would give.
Eonsmoke pods has some very unique flavors such as blue raspberry, pink lemonade, strawberry lemonade, lush ice, caffe latte, apple, sour gummies, and many more. Which is really cool because the official JUUL pods only have basic flavors.
What we like
- Ahead of the game - some of their flavored Eonsmoke pods contain no nicotine but instead uses areca and betel nut.
- Great company.
What we don't like
- Eonsmoke's nicotine concentration is all over the place, some flavors have a 6.8% nicotine strength, some have a 4% nicotine strength, and others have a 6.5% nicotine strength. Personally consistency is a big deal to me.
- Some of their pods contain 0.9ml some 1.0ml, again consistency.
3. VQ Pods
Another JUUL compatible pod that we checked out are the VQ pods. VQ pods are manufactured and designed by Vaportronix, LLC. Vaportronix created the VQ line (VQ pods, VQ lite) because of the growing popularity of JUUL. They wanted to create JUUL accessories to supplement the JUUL market. Vaportronix is headquartered in Florida.
VQ pods currently only offer around 12 flavors and they cost $15 for a 4-pack. VQ pods only has salt nic concentration of 5%. All of their flavors have a mix of 50% vegetable glycerin, and 50% propylene glycol. A VQ pod holds about 1ml of salt nic vape juice.
What we like
- The flavors are absolutely amazing - Lemon Lime is my all time favorite right now!
- Great return policy.
What we don't like
- Only has 1 salt nic strength to choose from (5%) - I personally like lower nicotine strengths and lesser throat hits.
- Only has 12 flavors. We want more flavors!!
Benefits of JUUL compatible pods
JUUL lab's popularity paved the way for other companies to hop on board. We believe this is a positive for the consumer market for many reasons.
- Healthy competition - When a single company controls a majority of the market share, they are able to manipulate their prices in beneficial ways for themself. Multiple competing brands generally results in competitive price points to attract consumers.
- More flavors - JUUL only offers a handful of flavors. While these flavors are not bad, the rise of different brands has resulted in all types of flavored pods. Consumers can now shop for all flavors imaginable.
- Different nicotine levels - Currently, JUUL pods contain 3% or 5% nicotine by weight. With other companies using compatible pods, there are now more nicotine levels to choose from. Eonsmoke even makes nicotine free pods.
What pods are compatible with JUUL?
In the past few years, many companies have hopped on the JUUL hype. ZiiP pods, Eonsmoke Pods, VQ Pods, Sky Pods, Loon Pods, Jum Pods, Mngo Pods, Sonic Pods, Caesar Pods, Rush Pods, Just Mango Pods, Airbender Pods, and many more. There are a lot of big and small companies that offer compatible pods for sale.
Frequently asked questions
Where to find JUUL compatible pods?
We often get the question "who sells JUUL compatible pods near me?" You can buy most of these pods online or in select vape shops. For example, we carry ZiiP pods in the Vapebox online store.
What devices are compatible with JUUL pods?
The main device that is compatible is the actual JUUL device. If you are looking for a similar vape mod by a different brand, then check out our best JUUL alternatives post.